Monday, May 13, 2013

ECC Education Funding Survey Results











"This is not just a great idea, I believe it is necessary for us to have consistent care as a group. We need to all provide reasonably similar care for our patients, up to date, and cutting edge."

"Should be reimbursed at a flat rate. APP education should be a mix of e-based and face to face learning, same reimbursement."

"We are doing lots of education...excellent job. I would support journal club"

"I think the pediatric cases of the week are a good idea but, then again, I have to admit that I have only taken the time to read one of them. I'd like to know how many people are regularly reading them before we invest a bunch of time / money on them. Plus, I think a pediatric case of the month would be often enough, especially if ECC is paying for them (which we should). I don't think that ECC staff should be charged anything for "internal" CME and, except for our possibly charging non-ECC people for CME we produce, we shouldn't be trying to make money from it. If we did start charging ourselves for CME, for what else could / should we start charging ourselves? I do think, considering how much time and energy ...putting into education, we should definitely try to get as much CME from it as possible."

"4 is a tough question. I am not sure how much I would spend as we really do not get a lot of CME dollars currently. The cme is great and very applicable to what we do so I would definitely be willing to spend some of my cme dollars but it would depend on what was happening in a given year, some years more others less."

No comments:

Post a Comment